Discover the television winners and losers
Stay in touch with trends in television subscribers worldwide. Find out which pay-TV providers are the market leaders, defending revenues and gaining more customers by delivering media across multiple screens.
|AT&T Premium TV||-945,000||19.47|
|Airtel Digital TV||-6,300||16.02|
|Virgin Media (UK)||-77,600||3.69|
The informitv Multiscreen Index report tracks multichannel pay-TV operators around the world. It measures the performance of 100 satellite, cable and telco television and video services by their current digital subscription numbers. The Multiscreen Index includes top 10 tables ranked worldwide, by region, mode of delivery and quarterly net subscriber gains or losses.
Gain a global perspective
The services in the Multiscreen Index cover over 30 countries. They generally each have more than a million digital television subscribers. They collectively represent over 350 million subscribing homes worldwide.
Latest subscriber numbers
Subscriber numbers are exclusively collated from primary sources using the latest available announcements from service providers that regularly report their data, rather than analyst estimates.
Based on over 10 years of experience in assessing and analysing trends in television services, the informitv database is constantly updated to maintain reliable and comparable figures across thousands of data points.
Presented in an easy-to-read format with summary tables, the Multiscreen Index report enables you to track trends in subscriber numbers for leading services and identify which ones are gaining or losing subscribers.
Compare the top 10 companies worldwide in the Multiscreen Index ranked by quarterly total company revenue.
See which of these leading operators offer multiscreen options for use on computers, smartphones, tablets or other connected television devices, including games consoles and digital media adapters.
Top 10 rankings
See how services rank and compare annual and quarterly changes in subscriber numbers for each service by category:
- Worldwide subscribers
- Worldwide revenue
- United States
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Asia Pacific
- Subscriber gains
- Subscriber losses
- Corporate group
- Multiscreen tracker subscribers
- Multiscreen tracker revenue
The informitv Multiscreen Index has featured in leading industry news sources, including Advanced Television, Broadband TV News, CSI Magazine, Digital TV Europe, IP&TV News, Rapid TV News, Streaming Media, Videonet, VOD Professional and World Screen.
The Multiscreen Index helps answer pressing industry questions:
- How many subscribers did leading pay-television operators gain or lose over the last quarter or year?
- Which pay-television providers have the most subscribers and which are most successful in retaining or acquiring subscribers?
- Are television subscriber numbers generally going up or down and how does the rate of change vary by region or platform?
- Where are television subscriber numbers rising, reaching saturation, or declining?
- How successful are IPTV or telco television services in competing with traditional cable and satellite providers?
- Which television service providers reported the greatest gains or largest losses of subscribers?
- Which operators have the largest total company revenues and to what extent are they growing?
- What is the significance of recent reported subscriber gains or losses of particular television service providers?
- How successfully are traditional television service providers responding to the threats and opportunities presented by the internet?
- What is the impact of online streaming services like Netflix and Amazon on television and video providers?
- Are customers defecting to ‘over the top’ online video services and is ‘cord cutting’ a real issue for pay-TV operators?
- What effect have ‘TV Everywhere’ services had on television subscriptions?
- Which operators offer ‘multiscreen’ services, where are they being deployed and on which platforms?
The Multiscreen Index quarterly report is published in January, April, July and October.
Buy the latest Multiscreen Index report for your personal use for only £99, or receive regular updates for just £49 a quarter and get four issues for the price of two.
Purchase an annual corporate licence for business use or an enterprise licence to make it available across your entire organisation.
The latest issue and annual access are available at informitv.com